Sunday, July 15, 2007

Info Package has Arrived

We received our packet of information on Saturday. We were hoping for more detailed information regarding the how's, when's, where's and why's of our appointments and specifically for our upcoming orientation but unfortunately none of that information was in the packet. I guess I will have to make another phone call to WR to ask where we go for orientation and what time it starts (kind of important information to have :-) ). It did however, contain a list of of blood work that is required and other medical documentation that they want before they will fully accept us into the program. Most we have already completed, I just have to get the notes from my last annual check up and I had to get a few more blood test on Friday ( I think that brings me close to 30). I have become such a familiar face at the lab they know me by name now. It is very imbalanced in how much info/documentation they want on the female partner and how little they require for the male (boys have it so easy) :-). It is all worth it though. The other documents that were in our info pack were five different consent forms that we will have to sign during the orientation basically they are not claiming any responsibility for what happens either way, nothing really out of the ordinary. We got all of our reservations made and will be staying at Bolling AFB for just $40.00 a night, you cant beat that for DC. It will be a bit more of a drive then if we have been able to stay at Bethesda Naval Station, but they were booked and twice as expensive so it will all work out, plus I am kind of partial to AF facilities. We made plans to meet up with one of my former bosses from Wright-Patt, for dinner one of the nights we are in town. She was very instrumental in helping me prepare my application package for OTS so it will be a treat to see her and her husband again. Her husband is an USAFA grad so he has that in common with Chad. It should be a very fun trip. Not sure how much sight seeing we will get in as we are flying in on Mon Aug 6 and flying out Wed Aug 8 (1 day before our 4th anniversary) and of course we will be doing our appointments on the 7th. The orientation itself is 4 hours long. We will be sure to scope it out and make plans for our sight seeing for our future trips. Anyone who has been to DC that has recommendations for us, please pass them our way. I know both sets of parents have been there...any suggestions?

Until next time....

Hugs to all
C&G

No comments: