Thursday, June 3, 2010

From Here...to Home

It's miles and miles
From here to there
But I hold you close
As I pray this prayer

Dear Lord, Fill my heart
Quinch this sadness away
miles from home
There's still gift in this day

My blessing from you
Is my team of three
My family is my hope
That's what they are to me

Hold them close
As you see me through
I'm called by our nation
But I trust and hold on to You

I ask for no more
Than to get home safe and sound
The beauty in this world...
In my family is where that's found

One day at a time
The homecoming draws near
Please be with them there
As You are with me here

This time apart passes
Moments never to be gained again
But I trust that Your purpose
Has filled up what this time has been

It's pained my heart in unfathomable ways
To be away from home once more
I make the best of the now
Looking forward to what's in store

That I've been blessed by you
With such a beautiful family
Everyday, here or there
I see what they are to me

I've never worried, Lord
'Cause you've always been beside me
With life having exponential meaning these days
Home is where I long to be

Lord my world other than you
Is my wife, my daughter and my son
Keep them safe and hold them close
Until this time away is done

Thank you, Lord
For life that allows me to see and be
Part of the greatest blessing ever
'Cause that's what my family is to me

-Amen.

2 comments:

Chad and Gena said...

ahhh....we love you sweetie...hurry home, we miss you so much!!!!! xxxooo

gina said...

Did you write that Chad?? Its beautiful! You are in my prayers everyday - be safe!