Friday, July 30, 2010

Total Cuteness

It has been such a privilege and Blessing to watch my two little munchkins grow and discover their world. They continue to amaze me w/the stuff they pick up and learn just by exploring their world.

Evan is still so in-love w/Teebo our dog. He walks over to him and wraps his little arms around him and lays his head on him. Teebo is very tolerant which is a good thing because Evan is IN LOVE!!!!! Which unknown to Teebo actually makes him the luckiest dog in the world because he was just seconds from getting a new home but now I dont have the heart to take him away from Evan. Why oh why, did he have to discover the dog LOL. And before anyone thinks I am mean...Teebo was just going to move to San Antonio to live w/his mema and papa...who love and adore him and I felt would get way more attention and love w/them...so really it was an act of love LOL

Taryns new love is her dolly Chrissy. She started saying her name last week and carrying her all over the house. Chrissy was a gift she received for Christmas. I wanted her to have doll but I didn't want it to be an expensive or nice one since she is so young. And Aunt Teresa helped us find one at Target...it was perfect just $8.00 and all plush so it is nice and soft for her. I put Chrissy in Taryn's crib w/her right away hoping that eventually she would latch on to her and sure enough she did. The funny thing is I didn't even know Taryn knew her name...so it was such a sweet surprise. Yesterday, when I was in the nursery changing Evan's diaper Taryn came in there w/us and was reaching through the slats of her crib trying to get Chrissy out. Ahhh...such sweet moments.

When mema was here in June...she taught Evan about the pictures on the walls...now it is his favorite thing to do...he always wants picked up so he can look at all the pictures on the wall. He points to them and says 'this'. Except when he is looking at the monkey pictures hanging above his changing table...he points at those and says 'daddy' LOL.

I forgot to give an update on the teeth count in my last post...Evan has successfully cut all his molars so he now has 12 teeth and I think he is starting to cut his eye teeth...poor little man...cant wait for this teething thing to be over. Taryn much to my surprise has cut all her incisors and 2 of her molars, so she is at 10 teeth...not bad for a little girl who didn't cut her first tooth until she was 11.5 months old.

Last week we had a nice visit w/our dear friends Megan and Ziggy and their two beautiful girls. Evan and Taryn enjoyed playing w/their new friends and it gave us an excuse to finally take the kids swimming. Taryn was a little unsure at first and cried for a bit when we put in the pool but she finally warmed up to the idea and actually was having a great time toward the end. Evan need a bit to warm up to the idea as well but it didn't take him nearly as long and he loved it. We did do a little practicing of their new swim skills which they weren't too happy about but I was happy to know they still remembered what they learned during their lessons. Definitely looking forward to taking them swimming again :-)

My Sweet Baby Boy



My Precious Baby Girl w/Chrissy


No comments: