Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Our Baby Has a Name

Today we had our Level II sonogram and I am happy to report that our little one appears to be perfectly healthy. So in other words she has everything she is supposed to and it is all in the right place :-). That is always reassuring to hear :-). She was weighing in at a whopping 1 pound and 1 ounce. Tiny as she might be she sure is active but I love it, every jab, poke, and kick brings a smile to my face.

Ok so on to the name, I know that is all anyone really wants to know anyway :-). Her name is Annaliese Noelle. We had her first name picked for a few weeks just weren't sure about her middle but no matter the other names we would brainstorm for her middle name we kept coming back to Noelle so we finally decided Noelle it is.

Annaliese is just a name I came across on a baby name website. I loved it immediately and shared it with Chad to see if I could get him to bite off on it. At first I wasn't sure I had him convinced but I think it grew on him and now he loves it, as do I. Her name means devoted to God, which is perfect :-).

I think we will use the nickname Anna on a limited basis but prefer her to be known as and referred to as Annaliese. At first I thought we would go with Anna more often but Chad talked me into going with her full name so now that is what I am stuck on :-) except for when I talk to the twins. They can say Anna really well so we use Anna when talking to them. They love to lift my shirt and say "Anna" and kiss and hug my tummy, they are so sweet and I think they are going to be thrilled to have a little sister :)

No comments: