Monday, December 14, 2009

Leaps an d Bounds

It seems that Evan and Taryn are honing in on their skills and picking up new ones everyday. I cant believe how quickly things have progressed especially for Evan. He went from only slightly crawling one day to crawling a little better the next to well now have fun trying to keep up w/ him. He went from only pulling to stand while holding on to me which I didn't really count as who knows how much I was helping him, to pulling up to a stand while holding on to one of his toys. Then last weekend he was just about getting into a sitting position on his own but really only half way there as the other 'cheek' was still in the air and he was propping himself w/ the opposite arm and then last Monday while we were playing on the floor he just went right into a sitting position like he had been doing all along. Then after his nap I went in to get him and there he was sitting in his crib waiting for me and then today just one week later Chad went in to get him after his nap and he was standing in his crib with his arms hanging over the edge. So I am sure you can guess what we did next...we lowered his mattress I was afraid at this rate somehow next week he would learn how to crawl out of his crib :-).

But lets not forget about Taryn she is making progress too. She crawled for the first time today...not very far maybe about a foot but her form was flawless. She crawled right to her momma and then tried to pull herself to a stand while holding on to me and I will admit I did help her but she did a lot of the work herself :-). I have also heard the beginnings of possibly mama and dada come from her sweet little mouth but she is not saying it w/ any meaning just part of her routine babbling. Maybe she will say the first word.

They continue to do well w/ their solids and much to my surprise didn't flinch at all when I introduce broccoli and asparagus. They love cheese and yogurt and/or whatever I am eating...depending on what it is I usually share little pieces w/ them because they stare me down. Tonight they got introduced to refried beans and flour tortillas...they loved it :-).

On a funny note...Evan has been fascinated w/ the bottom 'saucer' part of his exersaucer and had been trying to climb under it since he started crawling well the other day he was finally successful but once he was under there he realized that maybe it wasn't such a great idea but couldn't get out on his own so he started crying for help. Of course I helped him out but not until after I snapped a photo. I am telling you he is everywhere...dont turn around for a second because he will be gone :-)


No comments: