Monday, August 4, 2008

MIRACLE Moment...HPT says BFP!!!


A morning like this....just has to be told from each point of view!...

Chad's PERSPECTIVE:

If you've ever been awoken by a tug on the shoulder, the 20/bazillion visual acuity-because-you're-tired sight of your spouse standing at your bedside, and the sound of them gasping for air, then you'd have a good feel for how my morning went today. It was 0703, and the dream I was having of pattering footsteps headed my direction were brought to life as I was awakened by Gena shaking my shoulder and saying "Lovie"...I sprung to wakeness, startled at the site of my wife standing at the side of my bed gasping. But it sure did not take long for sheer panic to turn to sheer amazement on my part...my brain worked overtime to compile and comprehend the audible words that my ears detected. On probably what was the third time she had said it (sure felt like a ton more), I was finally able to hear two very beautiful words that I don't think anyone on this planet could every appreciate more: "It's positive". While there was no question what "it's" and "positive" referred to, the HPT she held in her right hand was the clear evidence of the miracle that was unfolding this morning. I jumped out of bed and held my Gena tight. I was truly at a loss for words as my heart and mind were just overflowing with emotions and thoughts! It IS positive!!! Praise you, O'Lord...that you would bless us. There they were...two lines on the HPT...and ours was now darker than the control line. Three years of what I would call the most difficult journey in life had blossomed into a future who's joy and blessing and I cannot even comprehend. The rest of the day was simply a whirlwind of beautiful emotions and thoughts...and going back to look at that HPT at least 50 more times just to see it again :-) In this moment, I just know that it was ALL God...because nothing of the feelings of this day were tangibly confined...to say it was surreal is the understatement of the year! When God works a miracle, as He has done this day, awe and majesty define the moment. I recalled the image of Monica, our nurse at Shady Grove, breathing on her knuckles and polishing them on her shoulder as she stated that these embies were going to stay this time. Goose bumps and chills covered me as I thought about hearing the words "Daddy's Home"...once just a dream, it is now just some amount of time away. It was the best....and I mean the BEST wake up ever!! Gosh, what a day....what a moment....what a blessing. I have to go hug my Gena again and glance at the HPT one more time :-)

Gena's PERSPECTIVE:

I am not sure I will be as eloquent w/ my words as Chad but I will try. Chad and I had a long discussion the night before about whether or not I would test in the morning. The truth is I could have test a couple days ago but I was too scared and really, really did not want to see another negative test...so as the discussion went on it was determined that Chad really wanted me to test and I reasoned waiting a couple more days would not make another negative result any easier to swallow so I might as well get it over with. So we went to bed that night knowing I would test when I woke up in the morning. I woke up first at 0500 and thought it was too early and I could wait a couple more hours for disappointing news so I turned over and when back to sleep. I woke a 2ND time at 0700 and laid there for a minuet to think about it, do I want to test now or should I wake up a little more and then test closer to 0800...after a few seconds I thought let me get this over with, that way I can get back in bed and be sad and have time to digest it before Chad wakes up and I have to break the news to him as well. So I got up and took the HPT when I was done I laid it on the bathroom sink as I washed my hands...I looked down and there it was, 2 pink lines....something I had longed to see so many times but never did. I could hardly believe it. I immediately started gasping and crying the same time. I am sure I sprinted down the hall towards Chad who was sleeping so peacefully at that time. I did pause for half a second and think that maybe I should not wake him but before I could even finish my thought I was tapping him on the shoulder. Poor guy it took him a second to figure out what was going on but when he did his smile was so big and we were both so overwhelmed with these feelings that we were not sure would ever come our way. It was definitely one of the happiest days of my life. I feel so blessed beyond words. "Thank You Jesus....for the awesomeness of your love and blessings. We love you and honor you and thank you everyday for choosing us. "

No comments: