Wednesday, March 18, 2009

36 Weeks & an Update

I apologize for my delay in getting an update posted. I have been so tired and sore lately...I am definitely not moving very fast or far. My hips continue to bother me and actually are causing a ton of pain w/ any movement (sitting, sleeping, rolling over, walking) you name it but I continue to push through and try not to complain too much as this is all that is wrong I feel very blessed :). I was talking w/ Chad yesterday and realized I have made it through my pregnancy w/o bed rest and I am really surprised...I don't know why I thought that twins=bed rest but I guess that is not always the case YIPPEE :-). We had a dr appointment and a sonogram last week at 35 weeks. I was measuring 39 weeks and my dr. continues to be pleased w/ how well I am doing and the babies are growing. She is out of town this week so we are laying low so I don't go into labor until she gets back on Friday after that the babies can come whenever they want. Last week at their sonogram the babies were measured and continue to grow so well...I am so proud of them. Evan weighed in at 5lb 10oz and Taryn weighed in at 5lb 4oz...so if I make it to 38 weeks I fully expect to deliver babies in the 6lb range, which also surprises me as I thought I would have much smaller babies considering that I am having twins and they are going to be early. I cant believe we only have about 2 week left...of course only God knows (and the babies) when they are actually going to come. I am really hoping to not have to be induced but I still maintain whatever is necessary to ensure that we have a safe delivery always remains at the top of our priorities. We are so excited for our little ones to join family it seems so surreal. These past 36 weeks have gone by so fast...and now we are at the end...it is all just too amazing for words :-). I feel like I should make a list of all the things I will miss and not miss about being pregnant. Lets see

I will miss:
-Feeling that babies move...especially Evan as he is at the top and I can see and feel his movements so well...he is always poking out on one side of the other...a head, an arm, a butt, a leg it too cute

- Just knowing that their are these precious gifts from God growing in me...it is such an awesome and wonderful experience

- Chad spoiling me so much...he really has taken such great care of me :-)

- Being able to be a little more liberal w/ my diet...it is going to have to stink watching what/how much I eat again...midnight snacks are fun and something I haven't normally let myself indulge in but when the babies are hungry what else can I do but feed them :-)

- Chad rubbing my belly as he talks to his babies and tells them how much he loves them...it is so sweet

I wont miss
- My hips hurting so badly

- Comments from strangers and whispers from them like they think I cant hear what they are saying

- Not being able to have Diet Dr. Pepper...Chad already knows that it is his mission after the babies are born to find me a caffeine free diet dr. pepper :-) I have not had any soda in 9 months...which is a good thing but if I am being honest I do miss it and I really want one. Unfortunately I am still not going to be allowed caffeine until I am done nursing...all I can say is thank goodness for caffeine free soda and decaf coffee :-)

- Gaining weight...it is so hard to see the scale go up and up and up and up every week...it will be nice to see it move the other direction

What I am looking forward to:
- Holding our babies...loving on them and just being a family w/ our little ones

- Bringing them home and just trying to figure this whole thing out. You think you know what it is going to be like but really I know we have no clue but I am anxious to see how it all plays out

What I am not looking forward to:
- Labor :-)

2 comments:

Amy H said...

WAiting for the day to see a picture of you babies! Enjoy your last few days/weeks if silence! One day you won't remember what life was like before kids!

Amy H said...

Oh and I am so proud of you for making it this far it is really amazing!