Sunday, March 1, 2009

Dad, Are You Listening?

It's the eve of 34 weeks of pregnancy and all is truly well.  Gena is doing amazing...and even double amazing when you consider we have twins on board.  It was a neat day, as we got snow most of the day here in middle GA...a very uncommon sight here, and so beautiful and soothing.  With every falling snowflake came wishes, dreams, and visions of playing in the snow with Evan and Taryn!  I installed the car seat bases in the RX today...what a neat feeling and sensation as I envisioned returning from the hospital with Taryn in the Plum-colored carrier and Evan in the Titan-Blue colored carrier.  Nearing the big double-day, it's been a mix of childbirth classes and reading some books (currently reading "Happiest Baby on the Block.")  I am now a firm believer in (and ready for) the 4th Trimester!   

Gena, Evan, Taryn, and I continued our time in the flashlight with another round of maternity photos.  We started up with a friend that I knew from work who has retired from the military and now does photography.  Mitch is awesome to work with and does outstanding work...it will be a pleasure to take Evan and Taryn back for newborn, 3, 6, 9 and 12 month photos.  Here I spent a quiet moment listen to my two little angels!  The percussion of their kicks and hits is music to the ears of a parent.  

It's been an amazing journey thus far and each day is such a true blessing.  As their arrival nears, I feel that fatherly sensation growing and the urge to hold them just bubbles over with pride and anticipation.  I am so humbled when I think about how God has chosen us to raise this tandem-team of His...children who have great purpose in this world not only as individuals, but as teammates in the journey of life.  Evan Reece and Taryn Grace are true miracles from God....sure can't wait to welcome them to this world!
 

No comments: