Thursday, February 26, 2009

Big Reveal

After much hard labor on Chad's part w/ me supervising of course LOL...we are finally done w/ the nursery...so for those who have been waiting here are some pictures of our hard work...hope the kids like it :-)

Well we have to start w/ some before pictures...not much to show but you get the picture :-)






This is our monkey Walter that we got during IVF #1 he was our IVF mascot and we gave him the occupation of RE (reproductive endocrinologist or fertility dr.) He has since retired his responsibilities in the RE world is now overseeing the nursery :-)

Taryn's side of the room
Changing Table


Evan's side of the room

Glider which sits between the 2 cribs
the words above the window read "We took one look at you and our hearts stood still"
Our tiny closet...we had to get an organization system for it to maximize our storage space

Entrance to the bathroom...the view is from sitting on the glider

Vanity
Hooded Towels
Shower
More monkey photos :-)

When we started the nursery we did not have a theme and I still don't really consider us having a theme but somehow a bunch of monkeys made their way into the room :-).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys, it looks awesome. I'm ready to move in. Gena, I have to know how you made those letters. I'd like to make some for Brooke.

Chad and Gena said...

Hi Casey

Unfortunatley I dont have a good email address for you at home so I thought I would answer your question here....by the way it is great to hear from you. To make the letters you start w/ Paper Mache letters of your choice...unfortunately the ones that I used are being discontinued and they dont have all the letters anymore :-( so I would recommend the uppercase letters from Crafts ETC...they are the ones I used for "Blessings" http://www.craftsetc.com/store/department.aspx?dep=50&cat=80&subcat=0&IsOnSale=0&IsFeatured=0&IsNew=0&perpage=all&gclid=CNSwj-K1gJgCFQw9GgodzR0iDA

Then pick your designer papers...I got most of my papers from Hobby Lobby and then select your ribbons and or other embelishments you may want to use...mine are from Stampin Up mostly because I am a demonstrator for them and I have a ton of their stuff already. I would have used their papers but could not find the right color combos so had to use Hobby Lobby to find the right color papers. Anyway...just use a glue stick to glue the paper to the letters and use a craft knife to trim the extra paper around the letters or you can trace the letters, cut out w/ scissors and then glue...I think it is easier to glue and then trim. Once you have your paper glued to the letters decorate as you wish :-). Let me know if you have any questions.