Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!!!!!

Yes, we have been so busy since Chad's return from the 'sandbox'. His time home so far has consisted of going through the many boxes of items I had purchased for the babies while he was gone and then it was off to the nursery to start clearing it out so we could move the new stuff in. Chad has painted both the nursery and the nursery's bathroom, hung trim, switched fan blades, hung artwork and towel racks, put 2 cribs together, a changing table, a bookcase as well as a closet organization system. He then moved on to the car seats and learning how to install, strollers, bouncies, and a pack-n-play. We have officially be invaded by numerous baby items and our house feels and looks transformed. It has been so surreal seeing the transformation as the nursery has been empty since we bought the house left undecorated, I had not even hung a shower curtain in the bathroom always think it would be a waste of time and money...not realizing it would be over 4 years before we put that room to use. Beyond all the home projects Chad had I have managed to squeeze in dr appointments, a sonogram, breastfeeding classes, car seat safety class and a tour of the hospital...all of this is making this feel and seem so real. I cant believe we are just over 6 weeks away from becoming parents. Oh, and I cant forget the all important taxes. Poor Chad hasnt had much rest or relaxation on his comp R&R time but I think it has been fun for him :-).

All my check ups have been great so far...my dr said she was proud of how well I was doing...personally I am proud of how well the babies are doing. I measure 35 weeks yesterday at my appointment and am currently 31w2days so I am happy w/ that 4 weeks ahead is appropriate and it is to feel like I am on target w/ my growth. The babies are doing extremely well and just keep growing and growing. Taryn weighed in at 3lb9oz and remains in the 41st percentile which really is great and Evan weighed 3lb15oz so just about 4lbs and moved up to the 61st percentile. The best news so far for me anyway was that Taryn is now head down, Evan remains laying across the top of my uterus...really he is on top of my ribs and lets me know every time they are in his way LOL. But because Taryn is now head down and if she stays that way my dr. is willing to let us try from a vaginal delivery. I was so excited after talking w/ her yesterday because up until this point Taryn has been breech and I was really thinking we were headed straight for a c-section. Still may end up that way but to know that there is a chance to avoid a c-section this late in the game make me very excited :-). Now this means we need to add one more class to the list...birthing classes...I have not really looked into them as I thought it was not necessary but now it looks like we may need to be a little bit more prepared.

Chad and I are headed to Atlanta this weekend for one last get away before the babies come. We are going to the melting pot for Valentines Day dinner YUMMY and then plan on finishing up our shopping for the babies. After that we should be fully prepared (well as prepared as we can be for our lives to be turned upside down :-), we will at least have all the essentials we need for them) for the babies to come :-).

1 comment:

Amy H said...

Pictures! I want to see pictures of it all!
Glad things are going well!
Amy