Monday, February 16, 2009

2-Week No-Wait

Chad (Dad) here....I've been back home for two weeks, and what a whirl it has been!  The homecoming and reunion with Gena was awesome and amazing...and the comfort and joy of being back home was such a peaceful feeling.  It didn't take long for my eyes to put reality on all that I had been eagerly wanting to do as far as getting the nursery going...the sea of boxes that filled the entryway and nursery confirmed all of the purchases that Gena had sent to me via email while I was away.  It was an awesome site...a belated Christmas of sorts that promised to fill up much of my off time...but I was ready and so happy to get started on preparing the nursery with Gena.  With the formidable task ahead, I gave myself 24 hours off to catch up on some sleep before getting to work.  
After donning my Tennessee Titans hardhat and gathering a multitude of tools...paint, nails, and sawdust started flying.  First up was repainting the bedroom and attached full bath in a mix of Restoration Hardware's Silver Sage color and Fresh Aire's Rooftop Garden color.  Then came construction...and in two days we had two cribs, a changing table, and a bookcase ready to go.  Add in a closet system installation and some new chair railing and I was well into day 4 of my off-time.  In the days that followed, a ledging shelf, double curtain rod, light dimmer switch, and towel rack were added.  With the main parts of the room taking shape, focus shifted the other items such as putting together the bouncies and carseats.  The "list" sure does add up when it's for two!  It was so fun to add some of the details to the room such as hanging the awesome letters that Gena made for their names (pictures in a previous post) as well as adding the items to the ledging shelf above Taryn's crib.  It was an absolutely fun time working to get things ready...punctuated by spending the better part of today doing many loads of laundry to get their clothes ready to go....saw the impact of "double" there too!!  Now there are little clothes folded and ready, and little outfits hanging in the closet.  I get goosebumps when I open their closet and see the little clothes...and daydream about our Evan and Taryn who are nearing their arrival in our family.  Every moment makes it more and more real...and with every little thing we complete we seem to get one step closer to welcoming them home.  
So as today concludes, we're just a few bedding items away from putting the finishing touches on the nursery.   I think I've put enough boxes out for the garbage men to build a mini-skyscraper with!  
Today is officially 32 weeks...which means there is 6 or less to go.  And it was a special time today spending part of the morning taking photos up in making.  We got some great "pregnancy shots" that will surely capture some awesome memories as we close in on the big day.  The anticipation grows with every day...and with my first day back at work tomorrow, I know the time will go by even faster than it seems.  
We'll post some pictures of the finished nursery soon.  It's so great to be home and a true blessing to share these times with Gena as we get ready for Evan and Taryn to arrive.  Thank you for your prayers and thoughts and we send our love to you.  

1 comment:

Amy H said...

I cna't wait to see pictures! I got chills when you said 32 weeks! You guys are so close!
I look forward to your next post!