Wednesday, April 15, 2009

2 Weeks Old (Tomorrow)

I can hardly believe that 2 weeks have gone by since our little bundles have joined our family. Each day seems to present new challenges but we continue to work through them. The babies are awesome and adjusting well to their new world. They had their first peads appointment on Friday and were once again given a clean bill of health. Their weight had dropped a bit more since discharge so we were told to supplement them w/ formula (boo) but o'well it is best that they gain weight and are healthy. We are using a syringe to give them their 1 oz of formula 3 x a day. Evan has taken to it well but Taryn usually spits most of hers out LOL. I am happy to say that both of them seem to prefer breast milk. They had a weight check on Monday and Taryn had gained 4 oz in just 3 days YIPPEE and Evan gained 2 oz. It was hard for me to believe that Evan gained less then Taryn as he is a little piggy....always wanting to eat and never seeming satisfied we have actually been giving him a little more then the dr. prescribed 3 oz of formula just to try to satisfy his growing appetite.

They are currently enjoying the never ending love they are receiving from their Grandma and Grandpa who came to visit them. They have been here since Easter Sunday and unfortunately are leaving this Friday :-( but it has been so much fun having them here and sharing little Evan and Taryn w/ them.

Personally I am doing well and adjusting to my new life. It has been hard and wonderful all at the same time. I feel much better and have managed to get some rest here and there. Thankfully Chad is a full up hands-on Dad and has been a huge help. I am not sure how things are going to go once he goes back to work but I sure have enjoyed having him home and his extra hands have been greatly appreciated. He has done so well and so much to take care of me and that babies. I am also happy to report that I only have 8lbs to go to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight...of course now I am wondering how long it will be to loose that last 8...but to be this close just 2 weeks after giving birth...I am excited about that :-).

Thank you to everyone for all your kind words and support and love that you share w/ us...it has been so great to hear from everyone and to share our joy w/ you and vise versa.

Here are some more pictures because I know that is all anyone wants anyway are pictures, pictures and more pictures :-)




2 comments:

Meg said...

Okay, I'm going to try to still like you, but if you mention that you're worried about how hard it might be to lose those huge 8lbs, well I just might have to kill you. I'll cut you a little slack this time as I'm sure you're a little sleep deprived and the hormones are still leveling out... but seriously, I just might have to kill you. I love you nonetheless! Meg

gina said...

AWWWWWWW!!! Yes all I want are more pictures, more pictures, more pictures! haha