Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pre-School Day 4

So our 4th day of pre-school had a bit of a tough start. Evan didn't want me to leave at drop off...he was very clingy and just wanted me to hold him and protested when the teacher took him from my arms :-( I had to make a quick get away so that things didn't escalate more. I think I was never so glad to not be a working mom, it was heart-breaking to walk away when I knew he wanted me to stay, even though I knew he would be just fine and actually have fun once I left.

Funny side story, while I was holding Evan and he was fussing for me to stay the assistant teacher looked over at me and said "he's usually the easy one" Haha, while I agree that overall Evan is an 'easier' toddler I think it is funny that it only took his teachers 3 days to figure that out (probably less time than that, really). Poor Taryn is too much like her momma. I don't really like labeling them as 'easy' or 'more difficult' because the truth be told the both have their moments and I think Taryn being a girl just sets her up to be more emotional about things. While she may have her tough moments she also has her good ones where she is funny, silly, sweet, loving, cuddly and thoughtful.

After school Evan came running up the ramp to me telling me how much fun he had. It was so cute to hear him say good-bye to his new friends by name. He is such a social little guy.

The teacher made a point to tell me how great they are doing and how happy she is that we are brining them. YAY!!!! So glad it is working out all around.

No comments: