Sunday, April 1, 2012

3rd Birthday Cake

Evan and Taryn's cake is so cool this year that it deserved it's own post LOL. Because "Cars" is about the only thing that exist in Taryn's world right now and Evan likes them a lot too we decided to do a "Cars" theme birthday for them. We aren't having a party but wanted to make them a fabulous cake anyway. However, so we don't consume hundred and hundreds of unnecessary calories Chad is taking the large 12" cake to work and we will put the 8" in the freezer for another day and each will enjoy a pice from the top tier.

I baked and baked all day Saturday making all 3 cakes plus 4 cupcakes and a sheet cake for the cake pops I will be taking to their preschool when they do their birthday celebration on the 11th (no school this coming week, Spring Break :-( ). I made a bunch of batches of butter cream and all of the fondant on Sunday. I was the cake assembler and icer and Chad cut all the fondant decorations....he did an amazing job. I was so happy to have his help and his skills :-).

I think we were both pleasantly surprised on how it turned out. This was my inspiration:
http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.com/coolest-cars-birthday-cake-43.html

She covered her entire cake in Fondant which looks really nice but fondant terrifies me, I was scared to even attempt to make it, but I gave it a whirl and it actually turned out...even with that I think I will stick to butter cream for the cakes and fondant for decorations :-)







No comments: