Sunday, August 5, 2012

Twins Bedroom

I have been wanting to post photos of their twins room for a while...it is the only room that is completely done but we are getting close on so many others :-)

BEFORE

AFTER

 I made these vinyl wall trucks for Evan w/my Silhouette Machine and he LOVES them.  I also made the crane photo in the frame.


BEFORE

AFTER

BEFORE

AFTER





 I hate the ventilated shelving that all builders put into closets these days...they are cheap and not very functional especially in pantries (but that is another project for much later :-) ) So one by one we will be replacing the closets.  We started w/the twins for 2 reasons...we already had the shelving unit and because they are 2 kids sharing a not very large closet it was important for it to be organized and functional so we did our own make shift DIY built in closet w/a book case tower, added shelving at the very top and then added 4 clothing rods as well as hooks on the doors for their PJs and bags.  I really love how it turned out and I also really love that we were able to do this for next to nothing cost wise.


This project included:
Painting the walls
Adding crown molding
Adding two different types of shelving
Vinyl Art Work
Organizing closet
Window Treatments


One down and many to go :-)

No comments: