Monday, November 3, 2008

16week Check UP

We had our 16 week check up on Thursday...and I will have to say it was one of the least eventful dr. appointment I have had in years but that is a good thing because it means there is nothing wrong. They checked my blood pressure which came back at 100/54...can that be right...that is so low for me. I am normally in the 120/80 range on a good day I may be 115/75 but that is it. Anyway, from what I have read I think it is normal. I was hoping this would mean I would be at low risk for preeclampsia but from what I understand my blood pressure will slowly rise throughout my pregnancy and I could still end up w/ pre-e...bummer...just a little worried about that because twin pregnancy tend to be at higher risk for it which can lead to early labor and I don't want that (but who does). I guess I will just appreciate my low numbers now and hope they stay that way :-). Beyond checking my blood pressure the only other thing the dr. did was push on my stomach a few times and said "very good" so I guess that means everything is "very good" LOL. I will admit it is hard to not have all kind of numbers and stats thrown at me as I am so used to knowing everything that is going on in my body at least through the whole trying to get pregnant process...it is hard to be so hands off but I am trying to adjust. I really wanted her to measure me just so I could see how far along I was measuring as they say w/ twins you normally measure between 4-7 weeks ahead...see...I just want to know where I stand :-) LOL...I know I need to let go :-)...Easier said then done though. I did get some of my questions answered though which was great:

- I most likely will be taken out of work at or around 28 weeks (Oh darn, that just breaks my heart)

- I can try for a regular delivery and may not be forced into a c-section...wooohooo!!!!!! But that will just depend on how cooperative the babies are. If Baby A is head down and Baby B is breach but not bigger then Baby A we can have a vaginal delivery...but if Baby B is bigger or Baby A is breach then I am headed for a c-section. Which really I don't have any strong feelings about I just want healthy babies so if it means them being delivered by c-section so be it...it is just nice to know that I actually have a chance to have a regular delivery.

- My dr. will not let me go past 38 weeks so that means if I have not had any medical complications that make them induce labor prior to 38 weeks or if I don't go into labor on my own by then...I will be induced no later than 38 weeks. I always thought it was weird when people had scheduled induction dates because most of the time it seemed like it was for their convenience and not due to a medical reason. So I always said I was not going to do that but I guess in this scenario I don't get a choice...it is a whole new ball game w/ twins...however, I will count myself very blessed if I make it to 38 weeks and have to be induced. Making it to 38 weeks w/ twins is a victory :-)

- We have our Anatomy Scan scheduled for 17 Nov...that is just 2 weeks from today...I will be 19 weeks...and then we will be able to know exactly what we are having...I am so excited for that. We did some work on discussing names this weekend and I think we actually have some picked out that we will go with. Chad actually gave me his first choices which luckily enough match mine so you would think that would be it but he prefaced his decision w/ "for now my choice is"....ummm what exactly does that mean...and at what point are you going to finalize that decision....too funny...so hopefully he does not wait until delivery day to exercise his right to change his mind :-) LOL.

Hope all are well.

Hugs,
Gena, Chad, Twin A and Twin B :-)

2 comments:

Kim said...

Congratulations on your twins! You must be very excited to find out what they are. Cute baby bump in the picture - make sure you take lots because you will not believe how big you can get with twins - especially if you make it to 38 weeks !!
All the best - stop by!
Kim

Amy H said...

Okay I can't wait to hear what you are going to have! Also what names you have in mind!
Sitting on the edge of my seat in Scottsdale...
Amy