Monday, November 17, 2008

wow

There's no way to capture what it felt like to watch the ultrasound machine and hear the words "Yep, it's one of each."  The reality of the blessing of being called and entrusted by God to be earthly stewards to and physical providers for two children of His that are in every respect sheer miracles creates a matchless feeling of awe and amazement.  Watching Evan and Taryn on the ultrasound this morning touched every facet of the heart and energized every feeling of love that is humanly possible.  Look, there's a stretch of the arms...and look, their legs are crossed and there toes are wiggling.  There went Taryn, trying to cover one eye in some sort of early peek-a-boo game with us...and Evan was busy tossing and turning (can you say fiery little redhead, anyone??)  Watching those little hearts beating...hearing the sound of it through the ultrasound speakers...that's the kind of "music to your ears" that we'd dreamt of.  "I love you son"...and "I love you too sweet daughter" were the murmers under my hard-to-keep breath.  My heart must have cried the tears that the amazement in my face wouldn't allow.  His little children are on the way and doing so well so far.  The trials and tribulations of our "then" have blossomed into the "miracle" of our now....in only a way that God could do.  Our Twangels are a true realization of that...and oh to think about all that God has in store for these little teammates; there is beautiful purpose in their earthly journey and no greater blessing is there than to be a part of guiding them in their pursuit and service of Him.  Being a doublet-dad will be challenging, I'm sure.  I know I won't have all the answers, but thankfully I know the ONE who does!  

No comments: