Saturday, November 15, 2008

Window Shopping

Tuesday was a day off for Chad which allowed us to get some much needed window shopping in before he leaves. Unfortunately our town has little to offer so we thought we would make a day of it on Tuesday and head towards Atlanta. There is a Babies-R-Us on the Southside of Atlanta making it a quicker trip for us (or at least we thought it was going to be LOL). (Chad'sNOTE:  I got to park in one of the "Expectant Mothers" parking spots at the front of the store!  It didn't specify how far along you had to be, so I pulled right in!!  That was a great first...and hey, you gotta take advantage of those things while you can.)  I already had an idea of what I wanted to look at before we went...bouncy, car seats, pack-n-play and most importantly strollers. I was told to test drive the strollers before purchasing which we thought was a great idea...so I did some preliminary searching online, read a ton of reviews and thought I had found the perfect stroller for our twins. But of course the stroller I wanted was not in the store (online it stated that it was but when we got there they did not carry any stroller that cost over $200.00). We have found that at most stores will carry one or two double strollers but that is it, which I find kind of odd...yes, not too many have twins but many family's have 2 small children at the same time...you would think double strollers would be more in demand. Disappointed that Babies-R-Us did not have our stroller or really any that we would be interested in...we thought we would call around to a few other stores to see if they carried the one we were looking for or any of the other brands that we had been looking at online. We had no luck finding our stroller at any stores in Atlanta (via the phone calls we had made) but did think there were a couple of stores that might be worth heading to, to see what they did have. So much for staying on the south side of Atlanta...by the time we were done w/ our wild goose chase and many more dead ends we ended up way on the north side of town. However, our adventures that day ended up paying off...we ended up at the cutest little baby store (actually wasn't that small but compared to Babies-R-Us it was small). We asked where the strollers were and immediately upon walking back to the stroller section, a double stroller caught our eyes...it was the very one that we were looking for...so all that driving and being out all day ended up being very worth the trip. We got to test drive and play w/ the stroller that we wanted to buy so now we don't have to be worried about if the stroller is really as good as it looks on line. My favorite features are that it has awesome sunshades, it is light, and it folds and opens very easily...last thing I want is to be struggling w/ a heavy difficult stroller in a parking lot...I am sure there are plenty of other things coming my way to make me feel inadequate I don't need a stroller to do that LOL :-). Anyway here is the much talked about stroller now we just have to agree on the color :-). Before all this I never really put much thought into a stroller or realized it could be such a daunting process to pick one out. Or maybe it is just that I am afraid of making the wrong decision :-).

I am definitely learning my limitations and what it means to be sharing my body w/ these two little ones. On our little adventure on Tuesday I was doing great all day until at 7:00...my energy level just took a nose dive...it was kind of funny how quickly it happened...Chad was kind of laughing at me and was like I guess it is time to head home...I think I hang in pretty good considering :-).

Only 2 days until we find out what our little ones are...mostly I am just hoping for a clean bill of health for our babies :-)

1 comment:

Amy H said...

Looks like a great stoller! I had a MONSTER double stroller with Tim and Abby! I htink it was over 30 pounds! I was amazed when stroller shopping for Max how much they changed! I would also recommend looking into 2 smaller umbrella like strollers they will come in handy when you going places together and need more car space or if you head out with just one kid. Strollers are addictive, I have 3 just for Max, a jogger, a chico c5 that is always in the car and then a larger one a day out at a mall or Disney land where the others didn't work as well or have as much room, or move as good over what ever surface we were on LOLYou will be amaze at how quickly you house will be over run with all those "large" bouncies and baby tubs and car seats.
I am sitting here on the edge of my seat waiting to hear what those sweet babies are!