Friday, July 24, 2009

1 Year Ago....

...Today....who we now know as Evan and Taryn were just little 8 cell embryos being transferred back to their mommy where they would continue to grow for 9 months until they would be born on April 2nd :-)....or in other words today is exactly 1 year to date from when we had our embryo transfer. It is so amazing to think how much can change in just 1 little year. Our babies went from being 8-celled embryos that could not even be seen w/ the naked eye to...gorgeous cutie-pies that light up our lives. They are finally starting to interact w/ one another (proof below) and it is so cute to witness their curiosity of one another....they will glance at one another and flash smiles at each other and as evidenced below chew on each other LOL :-). Other milestones...Taryn rolled over 3 times today...she is still getting the hang of it but she has come a long way in just a few days and Evan is a rolling maniac I cant even keep him on his belly any more...he will just roll right back over to his back. He just about rolled back to belly today but when he was 3/4 of the way there he realized he doesn't like to be on his belly so he stopped himself and went to his back. In other news we started cereal in the bottle today for the bed time feed. I really have to stop saying I am not going to do things because it seems as though I am always eating my words LOL. I always said I wouldn't start any kind of solids until 5 months but really thought I would wait until closer to 6 months but...Evan's spitting up is out of control...I have had suspicions about him have some degree of reflux for a long time but he never seemed to be in pain so we didn't do anything to treat...mostly because there is not much that you can do....but the amount that he spits up is crazy...we soak burp clothes w/ each feeding go through several bibs and outfits a day. So we called the dr. and he suggested that we put some oatmeal in Evan's bottle. Evan only get one bottle a day at bed time (we are still nursing for all other feedings) so I am not sure how much it will help but I am willing to do anything to help him and cut down on our laundry. It may help keep him a bit more satisfied too...it is nearly impossible to fill that kid up :-). But look how cute he is....could you resist this face :-)....
There is that smile that gets me every time :-)
This is for Diane...."I love my whoozit too" -Love you, Taryn


Evan is chewing on Taryn's hand and I don't think she is too thrilled about it LOL


2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh how amazing! My computer fizzled 2 mos past warranty, so I completely fell behind in keeping up with their amazing little journies. They are soooo adorable!

Since sleep seems to be a theme...It's time to get ready for sleep patterns to change... developmental milestones often disrupt sleep (rolling, sitting, teeth). I only tell you that so that you know you're still the most awesome parents and it's just one of those phases... which is hard to remember at 2am. Heaps of love and hugs to you all! meg

Unknown said...

Speaking of sleep, there's a significant lack of it in our house these days...

I just wanted to tell you how much I loved reading the blog to get caught up. Gena, my heart is with you and I think you're doing so great. Chad, you just make me laugh and I do think you all that time fluffing OPRs for the OG has made you quite the entertaining authors. Let the games go on!

Still more love to you all,
meg