Saturday, July 18, 2009

Mr. Mom

This weekend is drill weekend for the Guard which means Gena is at work while Chad stays home and plays Mr. Mom. I truly do enjoy the roll reversal we get to play on drill weekends. It is a nice break for me and Chad gets a chance to full appreciate what it is like taking care of the babies solo...and I don't think they went so easy on him today as I came home and Chad had this really cool color coded chart that only a really great Navigator or Military Man would have. He was charting their sleep, eating, and play times. I came home at lunch to pump and I saw the start of his super cool chart...and it appeared that they day was going fairly well for him. However, when I got home for the day around 1630...the chart looked much different. Now not only was he charting their, eat, sleep and play habits for the day he also gave out awards LOL and this is what it looked like:

Evan's Awards:
Spit Up Award
Best Smile Award
Best Napper Award (Believe it or not he actually napped today, go figure LOL)
Best Laugh Award
Biggest Poopie Award

Taryn's Awards:
Bad Napper Award
Cranky Award
Fuss head Award
Best Eater Award
Biggest Wetter Award

I am probably just easily amused at this point in my life but I thought this was pretty funny as this is what I go through every day :-). In Taryn's defense though she took awesome naps yesterday...she napped for 3 hrs, then 2.5 hrs and then 1hr...that was awesome...you go girl :-) and Evan you keep up your super cute smiles and laughs they fill mommy's and daddy's hearts w/ so much love.

1 comment:

gina said...

Omg! I love it! Too funny! Save those charts for the baby book! Hang in there Chad!