Thursday, April 1, 2010

Copy Cat

Yesterday at lunch Taryn thought it was funny to shake her head really fast back and forth. At first I thought 'oh great, she is going to refuse to eat her lunch' but as soon as she stopped shaking her head I offered her a bite and she took easily, then I realized she was just playing a game. She would just shake her head and laugh. This caught Evan's attention, he was watching her and smiling and then decided to join her. So I had two kids both shaking their heads back and forth laughing hysterically...these are the moments that make me smile and bring me so much joy :-). It was so funny to see Evan watch her and then follow her lead...wonder if Taryn is going to be the leader or should I say instigator or if they will share this roll :-)

We took E & T to L&D today to see our nurse there, I was there so long that we made a great connection w/the nursing staff :-) and then to my OB...she is awesome and so friendly, she gave me 3 hugs in about 5 min time LOL. She is not a typical dr. but I love her :-). We also brought cupcakes for the L&D staff and my OB's office :-). Things are getting more interesting around here by the minuet. When we got home today I put the kids on the other side of the gate while I prepared their lunch. I had the gate closed and latched but not locked. The next thing I know here Evan crawling on the tile floor, I came around the corner to get him and put him in his high chair and there is Taryn just walking along coming to find me. It is so weird to just see her walking like she has been doing it her whole life. Anyway, the moral of the story is I need to lock the gates because apparently they have figure out how to unlatch them :-)

Regarding walking...they both are walking more and more especailly Taryn...she walks everywhere she can. Her only thing holding her back is she hasnt figured out how to stand up w/o having something to hoist herself up w/i.e. she still needs help standing up. So when she cant stand she will crawl but she crawls and her hands and feet w/her butt straight up in the air...so funny.

I cant beleive they are going to be 1 tomorrow :-)

Here are a couple pictures of the cupcakes w/brought to L&D and our OB. I bought the monkey faces and daisies from a lady on ETSY, she is also doing a monkey cake topper for me for the twins official birthday cake that we will have at their party next weekend.




No comments: