Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Birthday

Today is Taryn and Evan's First Birthday...just a refresher Taryn was born first at 1757 weighing 5lbs4oz and Evan was born second at 1807 weighing 5lbs14oz...I endured 27 hours of labor, 24 of which were unmedicated, required a blood transfusion and was required to stay in bed for the 24 hours following their birth. Wow how things have changed in a year :-). Today was much better for all of us than this day last year but nothing in my life will ever compare to those first moments when I heard Taryn's first cries as she took her first breaths and then Evan's that followed shortly after. Nothing will fill my heart w/pure joy they way it was filled in those moments or the many that have followed...my favorites by far are when they wrap their sweet little arms around my neck.

I love my sweet angels so much and I just feel so blessed to be their mom. We had such a great day today. It started w/an early morning wake up, I think they knew it was their birthday and were eager to start the day but, I cant complain, an early morning for us is 7:30 :-). They started their morning w/a bottle and their normal breakfast of yogurt, fruit and whole wheat toast w/almond butter. Then Grandma took them for a nice long walk after their walk they had a little play time w/Grandma and Grandpa before their morning nap. After their nap it was time for lunch and then lots more playtime w/Grandma and Grandpa. Next it was time for their afternoon nap which wasn't nearly long enough, again I think they knew it was their birthday and Daddy was on his way home w/a armload of balloons for them :-). We did presents, snack, and then Daddy went to pick up the pizza. Yes, they had pizza tonight for dinner, it was their first pizza. We figured it was the perfect first birthday meal. We did go a healthier option though, their pizza was made w/pesto, spinach, and tomatoes. And finally we ended the day by letting them dig into one of the cupcakes shown in the previous post. We think they enjoyed it but we will let you be the judge of that. I think their favorite gift by far is their ATV's from Grandma and Grandpa. They made out pretty good scoring great gifts from friends and family alike. Thanks everyone for thinking of us and being so good to our little angels.








2 comments:

Sunny said...

Happy first birthday, Taryn and Evan! And congrats mama on one awesome year. That ATV picture is priceless... I can see it on a photo display board when they graduate high school. :)

Diane said...

Happy first birthday to Taryn and Evan! It looks like they really enjoyed it:) YOu have to tell me though, what is your secret to getting them to sleep til 7:30!!!! You are so lucky.