Friday, April 23, 2010

Precious Moments

We have shared and witnessed a ton of precious moments since April 2, 2009 but I have to say that I think last nights events topped them all. I have experienced so many tender moments w/Evan and Taryn over the past year. There is nothing like seeing your child learn a new skill and practice it over and over until the conquer it. First it was rolling over, then sitting up, crawling, standing, cruising and then eventually first steps turn into walking across the room and standing up under their own power w/out any assistance from a near by object. These have all been wonderfully proud moments for us. And then there were the moments when Evan and Taryn first gave us hints that they realized the other existed. At first it is nothing more than a glance at each other an occasional smile as they grew that turned into full out laughing at each others babble. As they got more mobile the more unpleasant parts of having a sibling started to show themselves such as knocking each other over, stealing toys and having to share mommy and daddy's attention. Those were all fun moments to witness as well. Well, except the part where I am playing referee :-). But last night Chad and I got to witness their bond and got a glimpse of what the future will be like (well at least we hope so) on a whole new level. Evan and Taryn's interaction w/one another grew leaps and bounds. I really wanted to get it on video as it was such an amazing and special encounter that I would have loved to have it on video but I was afraid if I moved and got the camera it would all be over and I was in too much awe just watching them to want to disrupt it, so I will do my best to describe it. I guess I should preface this by saying that up until last night their interactions w/one another are mostly brief and usually only last seconds. They are so busy exploring and discovering their world they don't have time to discover and explore each other LOL. So last night they were playing w/one another in a whole new way, chasing each other sometimes on their feet and other times crawling w/their heads down and ramming each other and then they would lay on top of each other and wrestle and then nuzzle and then give their baby "kisses" and then they would grab at each other all the while both of them were just giggling non stop w/so much joy and delight. It went on for maybe 5 minuets or so. It truly was the sweetest thing I have witnessed thus far and something I hope to witness time and time again. My reaction to seeing them play w/each other hit me in a way that I did not expect. I expected to feel proud and weepy when they hit a new milestone after all first steps and first words are huge milestones that you know will come one day and you know you will be so proud of your child in those moments. I however, had not expected to be overcome w/so much emotion just from seeing them play w/each other in such a delightful way :-). These truly are the joys of parenthood and the most precious moments.

No comments: