Wednesday, December 3, 2008

She's Got Attitude

....and no I am not talking about me!!!!

Yesterday, I could feel Evan moving and kicking throughout the day but Taryn wasn't making much noise, so I thought I would check in on her and got out the Doppler. As I was rolling the Doppler around listening to her precious heartbeat I got a huge kick from her that was so strong I could see my stomach move. LOL. I guess that was her way of telling me she was fine and I just needed to leave her alone :-). There goes all my hopes that she will have Chad's disposition instead of mine...maybe Evan will :-). Anyway, it made me chuckle...that little stinker.

I have my next ultrasound on Monday...I cant believe I get another one so soon. I feel very blessed that they are watching the babies so closely...I know they are doing it for medical reasons but for me it is just a chance to peak in on them and marvel at the blessing and amazing gift that they are.

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving...ours was nice, we had a few people over but it was mostly low key...tons of food like always...leftovers are my favorite part :)...especially when it is chocolate pumpkin cheesecake and deep dish apple pie. We got Chad off on Sunday, it was so hard to say goodbye but now the countdown can begin...we miss him so much already and cant wait for him to come home.

I am working over the next few weeks trying to get my reserve days in while I am still able to work. I am getting around just fine and handling the work days better then I imagined I would...mostly just get really tired at the end of the day and my hips are starting to hurt as well as having some pain in my lower abdomen but nothing too terrible...I can certainly handle it. I don't think the long walks in the freezing cold weather across the parking lot help much w/ the hip pain...that really is the worst part of my day...walking to and from the building. We got new uniforms last year but they don't have jackets for us yet so it is pretty cold when you cant bundle up, especially for this AZ girl. I know you are probably thinking how cold does GA get, but let me tell you it has only been about 30 degrees in the morning and when the sun isn't out yet and it is breezy, it gets pretty cold.

I will be sure to update the blog w/ pictures after the u/s on Monday. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hugs,
Gena

No comments: