Thursday, June 25, 2009

Catching UP

OK...I know I have been slacking a bit but it is hard work taking care of two little ones and I must say they can be pretty demanding LOL.
First of all let me say a Happy belated Fathers Day to all the wonderful Dad's out there....and especially to my Chad who celebrated his very first Fathers Day. I am sure everyone is wondering how Chad spent his day...well what better way then to spend it playing "Mr. Mom". I had my first drill (since the babies were born) w/ the Air National Guard this past weekend. It was such a bummer that drill fell over Fathers Day weekend but not much I could do about that. We had planned for a while that June would be my first drill and that Chad would ask for an excuse from drill through August after that we will be looking for a sitter on drill weekends. So it was Chad's first time completely alone w/ the babes and I think he handled it splendidly of course for some reason they decided to be on their best behavior and actually take their naps for him. HMMMM I wonder what his secret is and if he would mind sharing it w/ me :-). Naps continue to be my nemesis but we will save that for another post :-)
Speaking of Fathers Day....I took the babies to get their pictures taken for daddy last week. I thought it was about time he had a photo to proudly display on his desk at work. So I packed the babies up and braved an outing alone for the first time. Really I felt very victorious and proud of myself for managing such a feat. I know it may not seem like that big of a deal but for me it was huge. I took them to this great place up in Macon at our new outdoor mall that is called Portrait Innovations...they are much like the Picture People that are in just about every shopping mall...anyway...they were wonderful and were so patient w/ the babies. After our photo shoot while we waited for our pictures to be printed I walked the babies around outside and even ventured into Barnes and Noble and managed a trip to the rest room and even Starbucks (I was such a brave soul LOL). After our little adventure we picked up our photos and headed home, got the babies fed and put them down for a nap and they slept 3 hours...OMG maybe I should take them out everyday!!! Actually it is way too much work but at least they rewarded me w/ a great nap after we got home.
Here are some of the photos...we didn't get prints of all of them but they did give me the disc w/ the entire photo shoot on it so I can share some of my favorites.






I didn't get any prints of this one because Taryn's eyes are closed but it is the only one from the entire shoot that she smiled in...so cute :-)

No comments: