Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Our BabySitter Is a PICKY Eater

Today I got a lesson on just how PICKY of an eater our babysitter can be. I would have thought that I had things figured out...how hard can food temperature be? And we aren't talking the kind of difference between blazin' hot and freezing cold...maybe a mere few degrees, I would find separated approval and refusal. Don't get me wrong...I love our babysitter and don't know what we would do without her. But in my book, I figured that if issues would arise it would be for something like sticking to bedtime, rules of the household, or along those lines; but degrees Fahrenheit??? Come-on!!! I guess sometimes you gotta let be what is and take the good with the bad. As I am sure many parents can attest to, when you find that miracle babysitter you'd do most anything to keep them around and happy....and ours, well, is a one in a million. We've only known her for 6 months, but she's every part of our family.
...Okay, for those thinking we've actually hired a babysitter...well, we haven't :-) That was just a comical but true lead-in to marking a big day for Taryn....SHE's our babySITTER!! Two days ago, she put on her best sitting skills and showed off for the camera (as you'll see below). So just prior to the 6-month-old mark, she's sitting like a pro. Yet another step in her "growing up". Oh, and there is much truth to the whole PICKY-eater-temperature thing.
So I finish up her bath, and after some lotion, a new diaper and her nightie topped of with her sleepsack, we headed over to the lounger to join E-Man and Mommy. And after a few suckles on the bottle, she's kicking it out, swatting it with her hand, and rolls hot-hornet on me. Holy Moly, I think...what's wrong SweetPea??? Okay, reset and try again....two suckles, bottle kickout, and hot-hornet part II. Wow, she must be hurting....teething maybe? Zoe is quick on the draw and provides some soothing that quiets silences the hornet temporarily. Next touch of the bottle to the lips...hot hornet the third. But Zoe still works. So off I go to get some Orajel and teething tablets. After administering what I hope is the solution, I try again with the bottle...successfully generating a swarm of hornets at this point! Well, guess teeth are not the culprit. So I sprinkled some milk on my leg and it felt lukewarm-ish. Kinda out of options at this point but knowing she's hungry, I take a stab at the temperature thing and head into the kitchen and fire up the bottle warmer. After 3 minutes on the timer, I do a heat check and then try again. And wouldn't you know it...she begins to down the entire 7 oz. What a picky babysitter!! Oh my SweetPea...love you so much...and you definitely have RED hair :-) But hey...she's the most pretty babysitter ever!








2 comments:

Megan said...

Way to go Taryn!!! I LOVE the picture of the two of them together. What cutie pies you have.

gina said...

YOu really need to stop calling them babysitters - LOL - you are confusing me - I keep thinking you got a babysitter and I am like "why are you posting that your babysitter is a picky eater???" LMAO! I have mommy brain... duh!

Cute cute pics! So grown up!